About Chalfont St Peter
Chalfont St. Peter, one of the largest villages in Buckinghamshire, is a semi-rural village located in South Buckinghamshire. The village was first recorded around the seventh Century as an Anglo Saxon settlement located by a spring along the river Misbourne, and called ‘Caedeles Funta’. It was then referred to in the Domesday Book of 1087 as Celfunt.
Conveniently located for London, (with the closest train stations being Chiltern Rail in Gerrards Cross, or the London Underground in Chalfont and Latimer, Chalfont St Peter falls in the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Chalfont St Peter has a total population of about 13 000 people, and is an active community with many clubs, societies and volunteer action groups. It is well known for its community spirit, and its very popular annual summer Feast Day (held on the village common) draws about 7000 people to Goldhill Common on the day.
St Peter is popular with young families as it has a network of excellent schools, and falls in the catchment area for top grammar schools for both boys and girls.
The village also has several residential facilities for the elderly, and the internationally renowned Epilepsy Centre.