Frequently Asked Questions

Many questions we are asked involve reporting potholes and broken streetlights, questions about rubbish collection, allotments and bus passes. If the answer to your question isn’t here please don’t hesitate to contact us and see if we can help. Click on a question to open it. 


Empty section. Edit page to add content here.

Who do I contact to report a broken rural footway light?

A: For rural footway lights – Chalfont St Peter Parish Council on 01753 891582 or

B: For street lighting along main roads and village centre – Highways on call, on 0845 230 2882 or

Where can I rent an allotment?

Contact the Parish Council, 01753 891582 or

Who repairs potholes?

Highways on Call at Buckinghamshire County Council on 0845 230 2882 or

Who do I contact to report fly-tipping?

Highways on Call at Buckinghamshire County Council on 0845 230 2882 or

Who repairs broken pavements and utility covers?

Highways on Call at Buckinghamshire County Council on 0845 230 2882 or

Where do I report overgrown tarmac footpaths or footways?

Highways on Call, Bucks County Council, 0845 230 2882 or 

Can I park on the Commons?

Parking on Common Land is strictly forbidden except by permission of the Parish Council.  In exceptional circumstances such as Feast Day, for fairs and circuses, trade parking only is permitted.

What if my dustbin has not been emptied?

If you have any questions about rubbish and recycling service, please email or call 01494 586550

How do I get a large item of furniture removed to the tip?

If you have any questions about rubbish and recycling service, please email or call 01494 586550

Who will help remove a wasp nest?

If you need help with a wasp nest on your property, contact CDC’s selected pest control contractor, Dial a Pest on 08444 828 321 for help.  There may be a charge for the work.

Who do I report flooding to ?

Below are the main roles and responsibilities of individuals and agencies within Buckinghamshire in terms of flooding. More information is available on the BCC website and a completeoverview can be found in the Buckinghamshire Flood Risk Management Strategy, which can be downloaded here:

Individual responsibility
The responsibility for the protection of property lies with the property owner. Useful information on how to protect your property can be found here:
Environment Agency
Responsible for managing flooding from reservoirs and ‘Main Rivers’. To find where main rivers are in Bucks, go to the following page and select “main river” on the map:
Buckinghamshire County Council as Lead Local Flood Authority
Responsible for managing local sources of flood risk, i.e. flood risk from groundwater, surface runoff and ordinary watercourses (watercourses that are not classified as “main river”).
Buckinghamshire County Council – Transport for Buckinghamshire
●● Routine highway gulley emptying and emergency clearance of highway gullies and drainage when
flooding occurs.
●● Emergency road closures and diversions.
●● Provision of sandbags and pumping facilities for highway purposes.
Buckinghamshire County Council – Resilience team
●● Coordinating BCC’s multi-service response in the event of a major incident or emergency in Buckinghamshire, in partnership with other responding agencies and organisations, as part of an integrated emergency response.
●● Maintaining a duty Resilience Officer to act as a single point of contact for professional partners in response to emergencies.
●● Representing BCC at multi-agency command, control and communication centres (if activated) in the event of an emergency.
Buckinghamshire County Council – Strategic Flood Management Team
●● Manage local flood risk through implementing a Bucks-wide Strategy and by leading the flood-related work of local risk management authorities.
●● Investigate and publish reports on flooding incidents, if they meet the thresholds set out in the Strategy.
●● Perform a number of other functions: consulting on County-level planning applications; maintaining a register of structures or features that have a significant effect on flood risk; using discretionary enforcement powers to reduce flood risk; deciding on whether works to ordinary watercourses are allowed or not.


District Councils
Support communities by helping displaced people to find emergency accommodation. They also provide warning information locally and liaison to identify ongoing threats to public health. Contact details and the services available from your own District Council are available through their individual websites. Alternatively, you can also contact your Town or Parish Council who have a role to provide support to residents. Please remember that all services are limited during a widespread emergency and it is your own responsibility to
protect your property by checking that you have access to flood defences – including sandbags – in advance
of any incident.


I am text block. Click edit button to change this text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.