Winning image chosen for CSP PC Plant 100 trees campaign
- Lilly, a ten year old pupil at Chalfont St Peter Academy had her beautiful picture of a tree chosen from over 75 entries as the image to be used by Chalfont St Peter Parish Council’s Plant 100 trees campaign and received £125 in gift vouchers as her prize from local Councillors Michael Day and Kate Southworth.
- Louise Roffey, a teacher at Chalfont St Peter Academy school and Head Mistress Elizabeth Underwood said that the children, after watching the Parish Council campaign video, were amazed by the facts they learnt about how much trees benefit us all and had all been highly motivated to enter the campaign competition.
- Daniel, Tia and Emily were highly commended and each received £25 gift vouchers.
Chalfont St Peter Parish Council have launched a tree planting campaign to help the environment, reduce pollution and improve the aesthetics of the village.
- Concerned about the ever increasing pollution from traffic, and in view of the proposed construction that is to take place locally over the next few years, the Parish Council are hoping to raise enough money from local businesses and residents, to plant trees alongside roads in the village, where their ability to absorb dangerous toxins from exhaust fumes will be most beneficial. The prizes were provided by the Parish Council and local business Integra Property Services.
- Roadside trees can reduce the pollution in your home by 60%.
- A video we have produced called trees benefit to health and environment can be viewed here: (https://youtu.be/TeHn_QQ-zGQ)
- The Council are asking everyone to consider donating whatever they can to their Tree Fund, simply out of a wish to make this a healthier, more beautiful village, or perhaps as a celebration of an important occasion, or in memory of someone or an event.
- All donations will be recorded in a donations book which will be held in the Parish Council Offices, and any message to accompany a donation can be noted alongside the name.
- The campaign aims to raise £25,000 in order to plant 100 trees. Anyone donating £250 will be credited with having donate a tree and will have a page dedicated to that donation in the book.
- All contributions however small, will be gratefully received and anyone who would like to make a contribution can contact the Parish Council on 01753 891582, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or post a cheque to, Chalfont St Peter Parish Council Gravel Hill, Chalfont St Peter, SL9 9QX